: These instructions are for the legacy Voyager 1
See our updated instructions
for setting up a new TinyPilot Voyager 2 device.
The instructions below walk you through connecting your Voyager and preparing it for use.
Step 1: Install the power connector
- Connect the USB-C port on the Voyager to the USB-A port on the TinyPilot Power Connector using the 6-inch USB-C to USB-A cable.
- Connect a microUSB to USB-A cable to the port labeled "Power" on the TinyPilot Power Connector. Connect the other end to the USB to AC adaptor, and plug it into a power outlet.
- Connect a microUSB to USB-A cable to the port labeled "Data" on the TinyPilot Power Connector. Connect the other end to a USB port on your target computer.
If everything is connected correctly, you should see Voyager's power LED shine a solid red. The disk activity LED will flash green intermittently as the device runs.
Step 2: Connect the VGA to HDMI adaptor (Optional)
This step only applies if you purchased a VGA adaptor for a target system with no HDMI output.
- Connect the VGA adaptor to your computer's VGA display output.
- Use the 30-inch black USB-A to microUSB cable to connect the VGA adaptor to any available USB port on your computer.
Step 3: Connect the HDMI cable
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI input port on the Voyager.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the output display port of the target computer.
Depending on the target computer's output, you can use a HDMI to HDMI cable, a DisplayPort to HDMI cable, or a DVI to HDMI cable.
Step 4: Attach an Ethernet cable
Connect to your local network by connecting an Ethernet cable to the Voyager's Ethernet port and connect the other end to your network router or switch.
Step 5: Access the TinyPilot web interface
With your Voyager booted, you can now access the TinyPilot web interface at the following URL from any device on your local network:
Your very first boot might take up to two minutes as the Voyager expands the microSD card's disk to maximize storage space.
Your target computer's display output should display in the browser. TinyPilot forwards any keystrokes you enter to the target machine.
Step 6: Change SSH credentials
TinyPilot's default credentials are:
For security, you should connect to TinyPilot through SSH and run
passwd to update your password.
How'd installation go?
If you have any questions or feedback about your TinyPilot, we'll be happy to help you in the support forum.