- Dedicated Window view allows you to view your remote screen in a dedicated browser window without any menus or status bars.
- Resizing the browser window vertically no longer creates sizing jumps at certain heights.
- Actions > Paste now opens a standard dialog instead of a confusing overlay.
- Updates install 70% faster.
- The update process requires fewer downloads of external resources.
- Dialogs consistently allow you to submit by pressing Enter in input fields.
- HTTP 502 Bad Gateway errors result in clearer guidance about how to fix the issue.
- Debug logs have better information about temperature, network interfaces, CPU throttling, power, and hardware architecture.
TinyPilot now manages the Raspberry Pi's GPIO pin 2 if you install from a disk image.
- If you install from the command line, TinyPilot does not assume ownership of any GPIO pins.
- TinyPilot's localhost-only ports have changed from the
It is no longer possible to make changes to TinyPilot's undocumented settings through the
The following settings are supported and remain configurable through
The following settings are configurable through
settings.yml, but we may remove configuration support for them in the future:
- The on-screen keyboard has been redesigned and now supports easy hiding.
- Clean up temporary files if there's a failure during the update or install process.
- The update process is 45% faster than 2.5.4 and writes 48% less to the disk.
- Add support for exporting and importing TinyPilot settings.
- Add a help menu.
- Release modifier keys when switching windows (e.g., Alt+Tab).
- Fix a blank screen bug that affected Mac OS Ventura 13.3 systems.
- Support a wider range of display resolutions and refresh rates from target systems.
- Add support for
INTL_YENkeycodes for Japanese systems.
- Provide a more helpful error message if a software update fails.
- Update to uStreamer v5.38.
- Reduce log writes to disk.
This release may cause target systems to forget TinyPilot's previously configured display settings.
- This release updates TinyPilot's EDID, including revising the product ID field.
- Some systems cache display settings such as Mirror vs. Extend based on the display device's EDID.
- If you configured settings such as output resolution or display mode on your target system when you first set up TinyPilot, you may need to re-apply those settings after this update.
This is the final update available for systems running Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Raspbian) Buster.
- For affected systems, the update dialog will provide instructions on how to migrate to the latest base OS.
- Users running Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Raspbian) Bullseye can continue updating normally.
Stream audio from the target computer in H.264 video mode.
- Switch to Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Raspbian) Bullseye as base OS image.
- Add ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 to supported SSL ciphers.
- Prevent flicker when video stream loads in H.264 mode.
TinyPilot support for Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Raspbian) Buster will soon be ending.
- TinyPilot is working on a Buster to Bullseye migration path, but we recommend new installations use Bullseye systems.
- H.264 video encoding is available to provide lower-bandwidth, low-latency streaming.
- Changes to video settings apply 90% faster.
- Respect OS dark-mode preference for background color.
- Add command-line scripts to manage static IP addresses.
- Various improvements speed up the install/upgrade process.
- Prevent an ineffectual upgrade when the read-only filesystem is enabled.
- Prevent an install on incompatible hardware.
- Capture more OS version information in debug logs (thanks to @raphaelts3).
- Capture hardware revision in debug logs.
- Make better use of Python f-strings (thanks to @jmunoz94).
- Video settings dialog spins infinitely on error.
- Add an About page.
- Install TinyPilot via Debian package instead of a git repository.
- Check for updates using the TinyPilot update web service instead of a git server.
- Allow remote screen to occupy full width of browser window.
- Enabling experimental support for H.264 is now much faster as we use a pre-compiled binary.
- Skip pip upgrade unless it's necessary.
Experimental opt-in support for H.264 video over WebRTC.
- Disable spellcheck and auto-complete on non-prose text inputs.
- Extend password authentication to allow multiple users with distinct credentials.
Present virtual storage to target computer only when a drive is mounted.
- This improves compatibility with systems that don't recognize virtual storage devices.
- (Security): Fix a vulnerability that allowed users to reuse previously valid session tokens.
- (Security): Strengthen validation for long-lived connections.
- Automatically repair Flask's secret key if it becomes corrupted.
- Prevent shutdown dialog from closing after shutdown is complete.
- Prevent TinyPilot from incorrectly sending the Ctrl key modifier in certain situations.
- Prevent uStreamer compilation failure.
If you have password authentication required when you upgrade your system to 2.4.0 or later, the update dialog will report that the update failed with "Error: Authentication required."
- You can safely ignore this message. If you reload the page and log in, you will find that the update has completed successfully.
- Redact sensitive information from diagnostic logs
Enable/disable SSH access from the web UI
- SSH access is now disabled by default on fresh installations
- Add TinyPilot's new logo
- Resize the remote screen when the browser window is shorter to prevent vertical clipping
- Add more logging for security-related events (login, add user)
- Make fullscreen feature work with more browsers
- Fix a bug in "Download image from URL" feature when URL contained URL-encoded characters
- Improve keyboard compatibility with systems that have buggy HID implementations in pre-boot, including Mac hardware.
- Improve performance for mouse movement and reduce the network bandwidth it consumes.
- Present a warning in the Security dialog if device has default SSH credentials.
- On login failure, show password reset instructions.
- Hide X ("close") button on dialogs that cannot be closed.
- Relax checking for "download from URL" virtual media feature to allow URLs that don't end in
- Add a configuration option to disable virtual media.
- Support Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye release (2021-10-30)
- Prevent CSRF token from expiring on system restart.
- Make Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut show a clearer keystroke history and more accurately mimic a user manually pushing that key sequence.
- Prevent nginx from buffering the video stream, which could sometimes prevent the last frame from appearing with low-framerate settings.
- Add support for Wake on LAN
- Allow mounting virtual media in CD-ROM mode
- View detailed progress logs during version-to-version updates
- Add shortcut for Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Add consistent close buttons to dialog boxes
- Remove extraneous scrollbars when dialog boxes are showing
- Applies a more robust fix to the failure in the apt-get command that was causing updates to fail.
- Fixes a failure in the apt-get command that was causing updates to fail.
- Add a REST API (Enterprise-only)
- Allow access over plaintext HTTP (disabled by default)
- Add version change information to the update dialog
- Warn the user if they try to close the browser tab in the middle of a virtual image upload
- Fix a bug that affects updates from <= 2.2.1 to later versions (#735)
- Fix space bar functionality on virtual keyboard (#736)
- Fix a bug that prevented TinyPilot from sending left and right modifiers simultaneously (#364)
- Prevent gateway timeout errors when uploading virtual storage images
- Fix a UI bug in the list of virtual storage images
- Fix CA certificate compatibility on OS X
- Upload virtual storage images from URL
- Add "reset to defaults" to video settings screen (#705)
- Make style choices consistent across the web app (#721, #703, #699, #698, #674)
- Improve robustness and error detection during updates (#702, #675)
- Switch to conventional HTTP status codes (#680)
- Improve mouse compatibility
- Fix UI bugs in virtual storage feature
- Fix bug that prevented modifier keys from working during mouse clicks (#692)
- Eliminate a dependency on Internet connectivity for first boot
- Add temperature and throttling checks to diagnostic script
- Hotfix for an issue with the install process
- Mount virtual drives from disk images
- Tune the video stream from the web UI
- Improved reliability of the update process