Experimental opt-in support for H264 video over WebRTC.
- Disable spellcheck and auto-complete on non-prose text inputs.
- Extend password authentication to allow multiple users with distinct credentials.
Present virtual storage to target computer only when a drive is mounted.
- This improves compatibility with systems that don't recognize virtual storage devices.
- (Security): Fix a vulnerability that allowed users to reuse previously valid session tokens.
- (Security): Strengthen validation for long-lived connections.
- Automatically repair Flask's secret key if it becomes corrupted.
- Prevent shutdown dialog from closing after shutdown is complete.
- Prevent TinyPilot from incorrectly sending the Ctrl key modifier in certain situations.
- Prevent uStreamer compilation failure.
If you have password authentication required when you upgrade your system to 2.4.0 or later, the update dialog will report that the update failed with "Error: Authentication required."
- You can safely ignore this message. If you reload the page and log in, you will find that the update has completed successfully.
- Redact sensitive information from diagnostic logs
Enable/disable SSH access from the web UI
- SSH access is now disabled by default on fresh installations
- Add TinyPilot's new logo
- Resize the remote screen when the browser window is shorter to prevent vertical clipping
- Add more logging for security-related events (login, add user)
- Make fullscreen feature work with more browsers
- Fix a bug in "Download image from URL" feature when URL contained URL-encoded characters
- Improve keyboard compatibility with systems that have buggy HID implementations in pre-boot, including Mac hardware.
- Improve performance for mouse movement and reduce the network bandwidth it consumes.
- Present a warning in the Security dialog if device has default SSH credentials.
- On login failure, show password reset instructions.
- Hide X ("close") button on dialogs that cannot be closed.
- Relax checking for "download from URL" virtual media feature to allow URLs that don't end in
- Add a configuration option to disable virtual media.
- Support Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye release (2021-10-30)
- Prevent CSRF token from expiring on system restart.
- Make Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut show a clearer keystroke history and more accurately mimic a user manually pushing that key sequence.
- Prevent nginx from buffering the video stream, which could sometimes prevent the last frame from appearing with low-framerate settings.
- Add support for Wake on LAN
- Allow mounting virtual media in CD-ROM mode
- View detailed progress logs during version-to-version updates
- Add shortcut for Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Add consistent close buttons to dialog boxes
- Remove extraneous scrollbars when dialog boxes are showing
- Applies a more robust fix to the failure in the apt-get command that was causing updates to fail.
- Fixes a failure in the apt-get command that was causing updates to fail.
- Add a REST API (Enterprise-only)
- Allow access over plaintext HTTP (disabled by default)
- Add version change information to the update dialog
- Warn the user if they try to close the browser tab in the middle of a virtual image upload
- Fix a bug that affects updates from <= 2.2.1 to later versions (#735)
- Fix space bar functionality on virtual keyboard (#736)
- Fix a bug that prevented TinyPilot from sending left and right modifiers simultaneously (#364)
- Prevent gateway timeout errors when uploading virtual storage images
- Fix a UI bug in the list of virtual storage images
- Fix CA certificate compatibility on OS X
- Upload virtual storage images from URL
- Add "reset to defaults" to video settings screen (#705)
- Make style choices consistent across the web app (#721, #703, #699, #698, #674)
- Improve robustness and error detection during updates (#702, #675)
- Switch to conventional HTTP status codes (#680)
- Improve mouse compatibility
- Fix UI bugs in virtual storage feature
- Fix bug that prevented modifier keys from working during mouse clicks (#692)
- Eliminate a dependency on Internet connectivity for first boot
- Add temperature and throttling checks to diagnostic script
- Hotfix for an issue with the install process
- Mount virtual drives from disk images
- Tune the video stream from the web UI
- Improved reliability of the update process